Our shelter relies on volunteers for the daily care and feeding of the cats and dogs that count on us, and for staffing our fundraising efforts. We’re always looking for more dedicated, caring people to help out. No matter how much time you have, there is an opportunity!
Here are some of the many ways our volunteers help out:
- Cuddling and playing with the cats and kittens
- Walking dogs (each of our dogs get walked 5 or 6 days a week)
- Working in the dog yard – playing with the dogs, feeding them, and maybe even helping the kennel manager train them
- Coming in a couple hours in the afternoons on Saturday, Sunday or Monday to take care of the cats and dogs when we’re closed
- Coming in the evening to let the dogs out and tuck everyone in for the night
We ask that Animal Care volunteers commit to one shift on one day a week, whichever one works best for you.
- Fundraisers are a vital part of our efforts to gather donations. If direct care of the animals is not your thing, but you still want to help, let us know if you can help at a fundraiser. Some of our annual fundraisers include:
- Souper Luncheon
- Rummage Sale
- Pet Parade
- Folkfest Pizza Booth
- Fall Festival and Craft Fair
Volunteering at Eva Burrell Animal Shelter will be one of the most rewarding things you will ever do!